Monday, January 26, 2009

HOME CLEANER MAGAZINE – a brand new publication from Perry Phillips, founder of ARCSI.

After launching the www.housecleaningbiz101.com Web site on February 1, 2003, Perry Phillips was the 68th person who purchased my House Cleaning Biz 101 program. Perry had been in the house cleaning industry for 20 years and was formulating the concept of creating an association of forward-thinking owners of residential cleaning services. He recognized the need for a trade organization dedicated to our industry and subsequently invested a substantial amount of his own time and money to bring his vision to life.

Under Phillips’ direction, the Association of Residential Cleaning Services International (
ARCSI) has grown into a member-owned organization comprised of hundreds of members from all over the world. It sponsors seminars and conventions, tele-conference workshops, newsletters and is a respected resource for its members. At its annual convention each year, the association votes for a new president, vice president and board of directors from among its elite member business owners. I have had the privilege of knowing and working with many of them. In fact, I am proud to say that a lot of them are customers of House Cleaning Biz 101. As was the case with Perry, successful owners are always on the lookout for new and fresh ideas and practices which can be employed in their businesses.

After almost six years as executive director of ARCSI, Perry has decided to move on and launch a brand new publishing venture for the residential cleaning industry . . . .

Introducing: HOME CLEANING MAGAZINE.

So, why did Perry (pictured at left) decide to publish this exciting new trade publication for the industry? Here’s the answer in his own words:

“So you might ask, why start a publication? The answer for me is that at my very core, what gives me the greatest amount of satisfaction and completes me as a human being is to collect and gather information, bring people together, and share what I have learned. By creating my own publication I can freely offer opinion and focus on what I recognize as cutting edge and the trends of the industry that has been so good to me.

I have made many great friends and have incredible contacts, it has been presented to me that I am perhaps the most well connected individual in the home cleaning industry. Wow, that is flattering! It is my goal to use those relationships to keep you on the forefront for information in home cleaning as a professional industry.”

Be among the first to subscribe!

Perry was among my very first customers for House Cleaning Biz 101, and has been a proponent of the program ever since. I was among the first to support his efforts to build ARCSI and I am proud to say I am among the first to subscribe to HOME CLEANER MAGAZINE.

I strongly encourage you to check out the Web site for
HOME CLEANER MAGAZINE and get a flavor of what you can expect by subscribing. In fact, if you’re an early subscriber you’ll find a special bonus waiting for you. There is already a lot of good information to be found on this online publication, including an article by Yours Truly entitled Coming Clean: Turning Your “Underground” Business Legitimate. I promise you’ll find this e-magazine a tremendous resource for your residential cleaning business.

Includes Featured Businesses

When you visit the site, you’ll see a category “Featured Businesses”. Richard Wilson’s Brittany Maids in Atlanta, Georgia is currently highlighted. He and his partner have been in business for 22 years and have built the largest residential cleaning service in Atlanta, with 30 cleaners, 23 company-owned vehicles and 500 regular clients. Richard was one of the early members of ARCSI and has been an active participant in the association ever since.

Having your business recognized in this international publication could be a great public relations opportunity as well. From my own experience over the years, I can tell you that published recognition from a respected source can lead to terrific local press for the featured business resulting in increased credibility, heightened pride among your staff and a lot of new clients.

The Publication to Include Featured International Businesses

I know Perry would love to hear from owners in countries outside of the United States as well. I encourage my customers in the 51 countries our House Cleaning Biz 101 program has been implemented to contact Perry Phillips directly by email at
perry@p3communications.net to share how you’re doing in your country.


P.S. Please feel free to leave a comment below under “COMMENTS”. Prior glitches you may have encountered in attempting to leave a comment have been rectified.

2 comments:

  1. I must say that this is a very noble idea. The association not just tries to unite residential cleaning professionals from around the world but also gives them a chance to share practices and information through publications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At our Decatur Maid Services company we agree. Any kind of structure or preplanning is recommended. We have seen a lot of our competitors bit the dust due to poor planning.

    ReplyDelete